Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 22, Saturday- Overheard...

Things at the time sink keep progressing, and with so much prep work finished, results are coming a little faster now.

The wife painted the boy’s room (blue) and her legs, and I worked on tile. While working on the small tiles near the threshold, I mentioned that it was good that I knew how to “back-butter.”

“What’s ‘back-buttering?’” She asked.

“Oh- it’s a form of foreplay in Tillamook County was my quick reply.

“Ew- really?”

"Kind of sounds like it might be, doesn't it?"

"Uh, sadly, yes," she answered.

I smiled. “No, foreplay in Tillamook County is limited to ‘yer a purdy cow...’” I looked at her, and encouraged by her wide grin, I continued. “Now, in Clatskanie, foreplay is the old, yet reliable, ‘git in the truck, woman.’”

We also had more visitors, but they didn’t bring Bowpicker, so, while we really enjoyed their visit, they shall remain unnamed. I sure hope they wiped their feet before they went back into their own home.

Total costs: $1,500

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Please don't forget, I also painted my shoes. Lots and lots of paint on my shoes.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Miss Sassy said...

so there are more than three reasons why she isn't over there working on the house all day... sounds like it would mean 33 new outfits for her by the time you move in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home