Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day 26, Wednesday- Demolition Man

I tore up the bathroom today. Found the expected rot, mold, and other nastiness, as well a tube of toothpaste and some shampoo.

I finally pulled the bathtub away from the wall, and look at what I found:

Yeah, I don’t know either. Not going to guess, speculate, or even dwell on it. I’m just going to toss Hardibacker on the walls and tile away.

OK, maybe I’ll bleach the living shit out of this creeping unknown first. No telling what planet it is from.

Also chipped, scrapped, and chiseled the damaged plaster off the walls. Joy.

I finished off the day making a 7” x 15” hole a 7” x 7” hole whilst young Madeline tidied up the tools. I came out discovered that the tools were not only arraigned, but they were grouped with the supplies and type of work (paint, flooring, framing, hardware) they are used for.

This poor kid has spent way too much time in construction zones and hardware stores.

“This is great!” I told her, meaning every syllable.

“Yeah, this is better than when Mom did it, because this makes sense. I didn’t want to just toss the stuff in piles and call it cleaned up. You know, like Mom does.”

“Yep, this is a great job.”

“Is it better than when Mom does it?”

Crap. A trap. Oh well. “Yes dear. Yes it is.”

The wife showed up a little later to help with grouting chores. Of course Maddie immediately ratted me out.

“Look at this, and Dad says it is way better than when you do it because when I do it, it makes sense!”

“Really? Guess you’ll have to do it from now on.” Came the reply. No blood, no death stares at her husband, just the passing of a chore to a child.

I wish I was that smooth.

Total costs: $1,890

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Hey, I can use all the help I can get. Did I tell you she's keen on doing dishes lately, too? Rockin'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home