Saturday, August 26, 2006

Day 28, Friday- Worth doing…..

There is nothing simple about fixing a bathroom. There will always be problems, things to deal with, and the unexpected. I know this. I did, however, think the problems were just about over.

I was wrong. So tell me, does the fun ever start?

I heaved the claw-foot tub away from the wall, blocking the toilet and exposing the floor underneath to daylight. That’s when I noticed the slight curling on the linoleum. I pulled it back revealing this mess.
I was sitting there, using new and exciting compound vulgarities, looking at the delaminated particle board and mold.

I picked at the edges with a screwdriver, trying to figure out the easy way to fix this mess when I remembered the things my Dad always and constantly told me:
  1. If it is worth doing, then do it right. There is no excuse for doing it wrong if you know how to do it right.
  2. Fix it now, or fix it later. But remember, later will be worse.
Damn it. Damn it. Damn it.

So, time to bleach, chisel, cut, install new plywood, and screw down half-inch HardiBacker for the floor.

Otherwise, the next guy is going to be using new and exciting compound curse words about me.

Total costs: $2,368

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home