Sunday, August 06, 2006

Day 9, Sunday- Preparations and Progress

Any hour before noon is early when the previous evening’s events prevents sleeping until 2am. Being on the job by 8:00am is just piling on the stupid.

Oh well.

Put the first coat of paint on the entry door (after three coats of primer). The color- Red Rocket, and if you watch South Park you just fell over laughing, or maybe just said eww.

I finally finished the priming of the “God-Awful-Green” trim in the living room, including those huge pocket doors.

After dinner and a quick nap, I went back to the house and painted ceilings.

Now, I am not a fan of Wal-Mart, but ceiling paint they sell is the best stuff on the planet. It hides cracks, blemishes, and anything else you can think of in just one coat. I think they use ground unicorn bones to make it (see, I still think the company is evil).

I finished the evening playing with my caulk. Tomorrow, I will be able to paint.

Total costs: $1,028

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your wife know you are buying stuff from WalMart?

Or your daughters know that you are putting ground up unicorns on their walls?

Heh... Can't wait to tell Princess that little tidbit. :) What's my silence worth to you? Hee.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, that's funny. You should see what Wal Mart puts in their chocolate. ;-)

Did you ever see the "box mart" video by Jib Jab?

http://www.jibjab.com/JokeBox/JokeBox_JJOrig.aspx?movieid=122

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Tom said...

Wal-Mart. Where else can you watch somebody beat their children in front of an XBox display?

Of course she knows, she went with me.

Loved the JibJab.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home