Thursday, September 14, 2006

Past Due, Day 12, Monday- Just Paint

I am officially winding down. The first part of the remodel is about finished, and we will move on Saturday- (Please feel free to come by and help). Spent a lot of time painting trim in the boy’s room.

I finally replaced the broken window as well- there was no sense in replacing it earlier, I’d just get paint all over it. No more broken glass (until the next storm.) Tape will come off tomorrow.

I had a nice dinner of cottage cheese with fresh blackberries. Yep, cottage cheese. Some say that isn’t a manly meal. I argue that it is in fact, one of the manliest things you can eat; if by manly, you mean nasty and slightly dangerous (like old pizza.)

Basically, it is really rotten old milk. Really. Heat milk to 86 degrees, add buttermilk and keep it warm for twelve hours. Cut up the chucks that form, then heat it up to 102 degrees for about an hour and a half. You know, to make it nastier. Bacteria loves temperatures below 120.

Woman food indeed. If women knew how it was made, most of them wouldn’t touch it.

Total costs: $2,500

2 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I guess you do have a point about it being manly in that way, but I'm gagging just thinking of it.

It's kind of like beer. Come crazy decided to put together some hops, barley and malt in water and boil it and decided to drink it solution when it cooled. And we wonder why women live longer than men.

Great job on the house, by the way. I hope you can rest for a while.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I don't eat anything with "curds" in it. Those poor people have suffered enough without having to be made into diet foods.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home