Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mischief

People point out that I don’t update near as often as I used to.

No shit.

Before, I posted notes on the remodel before we moved in. Now, I post when people nag me into it.

Guess what? I have been sufficiently nagged.

What have I been up to?

Mischief. Serious mischief.

In no particular order (and this is by no means a complete list), I have:
  • Spiked a Deputy Sheriff’s coffee with about 20 packages of Sweet “n” Low, resulting in a classic “spit-take
  • Painted the County Road Master’s office bright pink (it is getting repainted anyway).
  • I redirected the Oregon Lottery web site to a page of my own creation. Of course, my version shows a ticket purchased by a office's pool winning 11.8 million.
  • Let fly (my grip slipped) with some foul gas in Auntie’s office.
  • Taken a picture of a well known little tan(ner) dog in a well-known old (muffler-free) mustang. Keep an eye out for “don’t lock me in the hot car to die” posters. They’re limited edition and extremely rare.
  • Added copious amounts of salt to someone’s PowerAde.
  • Mixed tuna juice into the liquid soap in a local restroom.
I have no idea what the hell has got into me.

Now, let me take the opportunity to remind you all of something very important:
The internet is nothing more than a group of randomly connected circle-jerks. “Blogs” and message boards even more so. If this is truly the epoch of communications, then we probably should have kept our collective mouths shut, as people seem to be taking this far more seriously than they should.
Thank you and good night.

11 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been up to some Mischief!

Your job sounds much more fun than cutting fish all day.....any openings?

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger OregonCoast said...

I thought we had seen the Capital of Contentious Local Politics when we left Paradise.

We were wrong.

Of course, you keep that pranking stuff up and irritation with you may be a local unifying factor of unseen proportions.

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, thanks for the little present. Really.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Auntie said...

PS -

you deserve to hear all of the American Idol 'chat' that you are going to be forced to listen to today. Just for being snarky.

Cosmic justice, my friend

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It is the CB radio of the 21st century

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess no openings huh?

Darn I was hoping there was something open...then I wouldn't have to drive such a old junky car...I mean what do folks make down there...40-50 grand a year minimum?

BTW I leave Tanner at home on the warm days...so you will need to wait till it gets a bit cooler to take a photo....don't want you to waste a trip.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie- You have a dark soul.

Guy- I've been saying that exact thing since like '94.

TH- I do this crap after hours. I usually work about 50-60 hours a week.

Don't forget tips. We government types love our tips.

Our insurance, however, sucks.

BTW- I already have my shot of Tanner, sitting next to a battery backup box waiting for someone trapped in a planning meeting.

Poor little guy.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Auntie said...

Tom,

Tanner beats Zombie dog anyday. :)

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually work about 50-60 hours a week.

These seem to be popular talking points lately.

Poor little guy.

The "poor little guy" gets 2-3 walks a day on my breaks at work and eats sausage for breakfast and jerky for lunch....if he stays home he sits alone on the couch for 8 hours and pouts. I know which one I would prefer if I was a dog....

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger OregonCoast said...

HEY! STOP making fun of my Zombie Dog! I mean, stop making fun of my oldest, best friend!

Boy, you just lost some major points there, Auntie. Even more than when you grafittied my house!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Auntie said...

Sorry about the oldest best friend dig - and the graffiti. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home